Tuesday, May 13, 2014

NASCAR Night Race!!

Yes, that's right!  We went to the first, EVER night race at the Kansas Speedway for NASCAR!!  It was everything I dreamed it would be....and more!

I didn't really know much about NASCAR until I lived with Eric, I just thought it was something people from the south watched.  I learned very quickly that NASCAR is popular everywhere and people LOVE it!  Eric has been to about 9 or 10 races over the past ten years and really enjoys watching the races!  I love watching it with him because it's a guarantee good nap and you don't miss much!  By the time Jack was born, Eric had season tickets with his brother and a favorite driver!  Then Cars came out, Jack starting watching with Eric as he grew older, and then Will was born!  Will has loved cars, races, the movie Cars, anything with NASCAR for most of his life!  He just started really watching the races this year, before he would play with our million of matchbox cars on our floors!  Now all three boys have a favorite driver, Eric and Will Kasey Kahne, Jack Jimmie Johnson, and Molly loves Danica but only because she's a girl!  Will does NOT like Kyle Busch, it's so funny watching him watch the races and they show Kyle, he boos at the screen, wow, just like a real NASCAR fan!  Jack and Eric went to a race when we moved back to Kansas but last Saturday, Eric got free tickets from work!  As luck would have it, Molly was out of town with grandma and Aunt Katie, which was a blessing because Molly is not a fan of noise though she's not a quiet person herself, waiting, and heat!  So, the boys and I got to go see the race!

Just driving there was fun!  People blasting music while waiting to park, the outfits, the songs, all awesome to watch and look at!
Walking in, towards the left of the picture you can see some smoke...someone threw a cigarette into a bunch of dead bushes to begin a brush fire!  Pretty scary to be that close but the fire department was quick!  

My cute dates for the night!  

A REAL race car!  And proof that I was really there!

Our seats!  The higher up the better!  This was before the race and a lot of fun watching the cars get rolled into the pits, a free concert, and of course, the people watching!

A view of the pits!  Will was so excited to see every one's real cars!

So excited they couldn't even look at me!

Will's favorite driver is Kasey Kahne, number 5!  I forgot to get a picture of Jack's favorite, Jimmie Johnson, number 48!
And no, I never thought I would know names and numbers of all the drivers!  Jack knows every one's number!  

The start of the race!  Words can not describe how loud it was!  Thank God for headphones and ear plugs!

Starting!!

Happy boy but so tired!  He had so much fun!  

Listening to Jimmie's pit crew and loving the race!

After seeing many cautions, pits, and people yelling at the drivers they hate, we left after 120 laps!  There were over 300 total, so that's pretty good for our gang!  If you have never been to a race, go just to watch the people, you will NOT be disappointed!  And I mean that in the best way imaginable!  I'm so happy I got to share this experience with my boys, even though we did miss Molly!  Not sure if I have a favorite driver but you never know!  Who's your favorite?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love your comments!