Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy 2014!

Welcome 2014!  While we counted down to the New Year, I excited was ready to say good-bye to 2013!  It was a very hard year for me on a personal, physical, and mental level!  For our family, it was a wonderful year with many great memories, trips, and family time...but I really struggled with myself last year.  But, 2014 is a fresh start to a new year, new me!  I'm excited to...

*Get my health back!  I have Celiac Disease and Hashimoto's, a form of hypothyroidism get ready to be schooled soon on what both of these mean, do, and why they're changing my life for the better, but that is NOT going to define me or slow me down!  Yes, I can't eat a lot of foods that I used to love, but now I'm finding new foods that I will love!  I will only focus on what I CAN eat, not what I can't eat!  I want to be healthy not just for me but for my husband and children, I plan on sticking around a long time and the only way to do that is kick these diseases in the BUTT!  

*Better eating and exercise habits! No, I'm not going on a diet, but I have to change my eating habits.  Cutting gluten is a no brainer but I've discovered that cutting dairy is really helping me too!  I'm not sure how long I'll be without dairy but this might be a lifestyle change that will last forever.  Gluten wasn't hard, dairy is very hard!  I love my coffee creamer, ice cream, yogurt, milk and gluten-free cereal, and CHEESE!  I love the cheese!  Goat, feta, sharp, extra sharp, mozzarella, you name it, I love it!  Like I said though, this may be temporary or full time, we'll see what my body decides!  These lifestyle changes are leading me to lots of new recipes, foods, and drinks, I'm loving the adventure!  I also HAVE to get on the workout wagon again!  I love walking and enjoyed starting my days with a great walk outside, listening to music, watching the sunrise, and reflecting on God's gifts, but with the high today being 1, I'm not going anywhere near the outside!  I'm looking for Groupon's, workout videos or sites to do SOMETHING!  Joining a gym isn't in the cards right now but I have to get my big butt moving!

*Blog time!  I hope to increase my recipes on here and share the journey of going gluten and maybe dairy free!  I'm trying the Paleo diet soon and would love to document this new chapter in my life!  I also love looking back on old posts about the kids, so I plan on keeping up to date on them too!  I really fell off the blogging wagon last year!  Now, we have a new computer and I have zero excuses to NOT blog except for family, kids, and life might get in the way occasionally!

*Organization!  This is a must for myself and my family!  I have tons of paper clutter in a cabinet in our kitchen, our pictures are a mess, we have an empty "guest room" full of stuff...out!  Get it all out!  Not only clutter, but my time management has to get better, so I can be organized and get what I need to get done in a timely manner!

*Decoration and DIY!  I have stared at my plain, empty walls for almost a year and a half and I'm sick and tired of compiling about how empty our house looks!  I have pinned so many gallery walls, crafts for decorating, and refinishing furniture!  This is the year folks!  I have two rooms on my list to paint, Jack wants to move into our guest room, so there's a fun project on a budget!, and I've been searching for bookshelves or banquets tables for our family room and front entry!  I'm on it and ready to share!  I also plan on recovering our dining room chairs, that's been on my list of DIY for a few years!

*Focus on my family!  I admit, I don't always but my family first and for dumb, not good reasons!  I pick unloading the dishwasher or folding clothes over playing with my kids, I get on Facebook or Pinterest and ignore them, I read a book at night instead of spending time with Eric.  Not good and not how I feel!  My husband and children are my life and I love them more then anything!  I have to show them, be there, be present, be patient, be kind....I'm not always those things, which isn't fair to them!  

*Be more positive!  I'm normally a very happy, look at the brightside type of person...not lately though!  The past, oh, year, like I said was very hard on me but my attitude towards it could have been a tad better!  OK, A LOT better!  I had the poor me, victim, everyone else, FOMO fear of missing out, thanks Urban Dictionary, mentality and that's not a good one to have!  Trust me!  I'm going to focus on what I can do, can eat, count my blessings, Thank GOD for my blessings, pray more, worry less, trust God this is a tough one for me, and talk to God more!  Mainly, I need to but God in control, enjoy the ride, not worry and if I do, talk to Him!  Sounds easy!

I know there is more but I have a messy house, kids running everywhere, and a husband due home from work soon!  Here's to a new year, a new Liz!  

One of my favorite photos of the year!  I love these three!

Love him!  My favorite of us on my favorite trip!


Happy New Year!  

1 comment:

  1. Hey Liz! Happy New Year! Sorry to hear that you were dealing w some health issues last year. I know you will figure out the best way to manage them and make them work for you! I was working out at home since Eli was too sick for me to bring to the gym yesterday and I thought about you as I did my workout. I logged on to youtube and worked with Jessica from jessicasmithtv. I used the search term "weight training jessica" and her channel popped up. It isn't like a real class at the gym but at least somewhat motivational and kept my attention for about 45 min. I also did a Jillian Michaels Yoga workout on youtube the other day....I planned on just using it for a light workout stretch my sore muscles but it kicked my tail, too. Anyway...I just thought I would share in case it helps you find something inside until the weather is warmer. Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love your comments!