Thursday, September 12, 2013

Books I've Read Lately!

I've been reading a lot lately, mostly at night, after the kids and husband are sound asleep!  I just love a good book that keeps my interest and I can be with those characters and in their lives!

1.  The Joy Luck Club


It was really good, until the end!  I just couldn't keep story lines and characters together.  It bounced back and forth between eight characters, and towards the end I just couldn't keep all of them straight!  A good book, I promise!  I think the book would have been better if they focused on the four mom characters and then a second book on the their daughters.  

2.  The Perks of Being a Wallflower

A very good book, great story line and characters!  I was taken away back to high school, where life is fun, confusing, and carefree!

3.  The Future of Us

Another book that brought me right back to high school, it takes place in 1996!  The reference all the music, shows, and very little technology we had!  It's crazy how much has changed in such a short amount of time!  I really enjoyed this book, but I'm so thankful there wasn't Facebook back then!  And, books number 2 and 3 make me a little more nervous about having teenagers!  Whew, that's for a whole different post!  

Now for a few books that I just didn't mesh with!  

1.  Matched

I can not describe how dull, disappointing and boring this book was, painful reading.  I so wanted to know how the series ends, but I won't and I'm ok with that.  First, the writing is slow, doesn't get to the point, and very repetitive.  Plus, there is so much inner dialogue.  Who cares!  Second, they are trying to discover a cure for a disease this is NOT a spoiler, but a very major focus in the storyline and it's so much back and forth, and what about this or that....BORING!!!  Give me some action!  Third...truthfully, there is no third, I got bored and returned the book.  I have better things to read!

2.  The Twelve Tribes of Hattie

I really enjoyed The Twelve Tribes of Hattie, I just wanted more details about each character!  The "Twelve Tribes" is a different chapter about Hattie and her kids or husband.  Very detailed, so much good, rich, compelling story lines, but then, when the chapter is over, so is that person.  On to the next child and it left me craving for more, or what happened to them!  

Now, I just checked out four books that I'm so excited to read, I just can't decide which one to read first!  I have such a rough life!
  **Warning**  When typing in Google, images for Wedding Night, include the author's name.  I just saw images that I can NOT unsee.  


I love Sophie Kinsella and everything she writes just makes me happy!  I've had Wedding Night on my list forever and was so excited to see it finally available!  I'll write about the other ones later, because I really don't know what their about or why I added them to my reading list, but I'm really excited to read them!  All of them look so good!

If you have any great books to you enjoyed reading, please let me know!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love your comments!