Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Oh, Hello August!

Hard to believe it's all ready August 7th!  This summer has flown by!  We're all loving the late nights, fun days, but we're all itching for a routine!  Good thing school starts next week!

Here are what our days look like lately!  A very random look at our family!


Will loves NASCAR, Kasey Kahn is his favorite driver and he watches all the races!  Cars and Turbo are his two favorite movies, so racing, cars, and anything fast is what he loves to play!  Here is Will as a NASCAR driver/pit boss!  He runs around, drives his cardboard box of a race car, or yells into the walkie talkie to his "crew, "  no worries, the walkie talkie is off!  Wow, that's one messy kitchen in the background!

Jack eating his breakfast and watching shows!  He loves to eat a long breakfast and relax, all he really needs is some coffee!  

I organized these cabinets!  They are located right off of our kitchen, to the left of them is our garage.  This is where we put backpacks, shoes, crafts, games, Costco items, pretty much, you name it, we put it there!!  Well, with school beginning soon, we had nowhere to put backpacks and the shoes were getting out of control!  Now the shoes go in the coat closet to the right in a hanging shoe organizer or in our rooms, each child has a shelf for his or her backpack and supplies, and it looks good!  Until we went supply shopping and now it's a tad messy again!  I'll post an after picture next week after we deliver our school supplies!

This picture is one of my favorites!  Wearing a bikini, eating ice cream, and daydreaming!  I pray she stays this way always, innocent, excited, confident, beautiful on the inside and out, sweet and not a care in the world...except if there are enough sprinkles on her ice cream!

We ventured down to Crown Center last week with our friends and had a blast!  Kaleidoscope, trains, an outside picnic and the Curious George exhibit plus friends from school!  Yay!  I brought suckers as a dessert and Will loved showing me his blue tongue!  

Amen, Hallelujah, Jack got a haircut!  His last one was at the end of April and refused to get one all summer.  To be honest, that was fine with me!  As a parent, you pick and choose your battles and this was one I didn't want to fight!  So, we made a new family rule, haircuts while in school and on an as needed basis the rest of the time!  

The family ventured down to the West Bottoms last Sunday to look at flea markets and vintage stores!  The kids  were great troopers, Eric actually had more fun then he thought he would and I wanted to stay all day!  Love this chair but it was pouring down rain so I didn't purchase it, and they don't deliver.  I think about this chair all day.  I see myself reading a book, cuddled under a blanket or watching The Real Housewives of New Jersey it's so good!  Thinking I might have to go back down there!  LOVE it and it was super cozy!

The kids finished up their summer of gymnastics with their friends Alex and Lizzie!  The girls and Will were in one session and the older boys were in the second!  We loved Monday's with our friends!  And everyone loved gymnastics!


After gymnastics on Monday, we headed Southwest to Gardner for the Johnson County Fair!  We used to go to fair every year because it was so close to our house, as in we walked there, but this was our first time back since moving away!  Here is Molly and Lizzie, Molly got her head stuck right after this!

Then Alex and Jack had a turn!!

Will wanted a turn with Alex!  

Then Bailey and I had to have a turn too!  I love her face!

That's our life in a nutshell!  Off for more fun for the "last" week of summer!  

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever thought about creating an ebook or guest authoring on other blogs?
    I have a blog centered on the same ideas you discuss and would
    really like to have you share some stories/information.
    I know my visitors would enjoy your work. If you are even
    remotely interested, feel free to send me an e-mail.

    My web-site; san francisco

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love your comments!