Friday, August 16, 2013

Five for Friday~Last Day of Summer Edition!

Wow, with school beginning on a Thursday, today feels like a Tuesday rather then a Friday! A very nice feeling!   So, this little school week has flown by!  Hope we stay this on top of things, organized, arriving at school super early all year long!  I'm not holding my breath on that one!

So, now that Jack and Molly are in school now, we celebrated the last "official" summer day on Wednesday!  I was sad about saying good-bye to our lazy mornings, zero routine, and only focusing on the fun!  But all good things have to come to an end!  We have all been in need of our school routine back, and I just love a new school year, new supplies, new friends, new teachers, new classroom, the excitement is contagious we arrived at school this morning ten minutes before they open the doors, twenty minutes before school started!

So, here is how we celebrated our last fun-filled day of summer!

{ONE}
We met our teachers on Tuesday night and man, we were excited!  We delivered all of our supplies, found our desk or table, saw our old friends and met new ones, and met our teachers!  Plus, there were Popsicles!  A fun night indeed!  Smiles all around from all three kids!  But....
{TWO}

Going back to school means waking up early again!  I found him buried under his covers at 7:30 in the morning on Wednesday, the absolute latest they can sleep in on school days!  And since we had one day before school started, everyone had early wake ups!  He boycotted the early wake up as best as he could....he lost.
{THREE}
We started our fun day at Starbucks for chocolate milks and coffee for me!  A wonderful treat for all of us...except the one in the purple shirt.  I know a smile would be on his face if he was wearing a KU shirt!
{FOUR}
Off to the park and then Build-A-Bear!  Molly picked out a new friend and the boys bought outfits for theirs!  
{FIVE}
Be still my heart...this picture melts my heart!  
We picked out new books from the library and turned in our reading logs from the summer!  All three kids did a great job reading this summer and we always love going to the library!  We had the place to ourselves, so we built with blocks, read books, and I cried because of how much I was going to miss these sweet kids!  I know it's not college, but still!  Kindergarten?!!  Preschool?!  SECOND GRADE?!!  Too much!

What a perfect ending to a wonderful summer!  I cried again while making their lunches because I'll miss my kids and just love being with them!  This mom gig is some tough work but worth every second of the blood, sweat and tears!  

"The days are long but the years are short!"  

Thanks for putting up with my tears for a second day in a row today!  Linking up again with these sweet girls!  
Have a great weekend!  

1 comment:

  1. Such a fun mama you are! They are the cutest kids! We have one more week and I'm ready, but gunna miss my 8am rising. Hello 6am - boo! Have a great weekend and tell everyone "hi" from us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love your comments!