Thursday, May 30, 2013

Summer Plans!

In exactly 3 hours, I will pick Jack up from school and summer break will officially begin!  Yay!  I know I'm the most excited, he was so sad this morning!  He loves his class, teacher and school, I think he's nervous that we'll move again we better not, still not unpacked!  Hello office and all of our books!  I reassured him we will have a great, fun, relaxing summer!  No more rigid schedules, no where we HAVE to be, just fun, quality time together, and decent bed times!  Trust me on this one! I have a Pinterest board dedicated to summer fun that I've been itching to use!  Last summer was a tad of a bust according to my plans, you know, with selling a house, moving to another state, husband starting new job and not around, finding a house, spending most of our time in Kansas!  The kids had fun with their grandparents, which was awesome!  Now, I'm ready to have some fun with them!


Here are a few of our summer plans!

*Baseball games, lots!  Jack's first game is tomorrow night and he plays through mid-July!  Plus, we want to see the Royals and T-Bones!  Yum...I hear nachos with fake cheese saying my name!

*Cub Scout Camp!  Jack's first full week of summer will officially be spent at Cub Scout Day Camp!  He's so excited and he'll have such a fun time!  I'm a little dreading the 7:30 a.m arrival to the bus each morning, and Jack will be gone until 4 daily, let's talk about how tired he will be!  Oh well, I know he will love every second of the camp, being with his friends, outside and dirty!  Hope he doesn't come home with a tick as a new pet! 

*Swimming lessons!  All three kids are taking lessons or a refresher course!  Molly and Will start next week and they are so excited!

*Gymnastics!  Again, all three kids are taking gymnastics with their friends and, again, all are excited!

**Promise I'm not overscheduling my kids!  Mondays are going to be full with swimming and gymnastics, but I promise that's it!  Now, back to our summer plans!

*A few trips, I'm starting to get excited about!!  A lot of family trips and one just for mom and dad!  

*Reading and lots of it!  We are doing the reading program through our library and I plan on  going to the library a ton this summer!  Our kids love books and reading, so do I!  Jack and I just started Harry Potter last weekend!  Yay!  My dreams are coming true!  Plus, I'm requiring Jack and Molly, and this means Will too, to read at least 20 minutes a day!  And I have a reading list a mile long....I'll post about that later!

*Writing!  Practicing writing letters and numbers, letters to our friends in Texas, stories, Venn diagrams comparing books to the movie version...anything to practice, practice, practice!

*Fine motor skills:  Will needs to work on these, getting his fingers stronger!  Lots of play dough (found tons of homemade ones on Pinterest I'm excited to check out and have the kids help make!), cutting, Lego's, mixing colors with eye droppers, beads, marshmallow shooters...get those fingers strong Will!

*Gross Motor:  Milk jug toss, water balloon games to practice catching and throwing, soccer camp for Jack and Molly...later in August, lots of parks, bike riding, scooters, jump rope, along with swimming and gymnastics!

*Swimming!  Besides swimming lessons, we have our city pool passes and I'm ready to go test out the pools in our area!  Can I be honest?  Missing those Texas pools we all got spoiled with!

*Play dates!  On our way to school, we talked about who we're having over for play dates this summer!  That will be fun!

*Water balloon and water guns, enough said!

*Making our own chalk paint!  Molly will love this!

*Balloon Ping Pong!
*Science experiments!  Jack loves science, so we're going to make a mess and learn!  And we're going back to the basics!  Color mixing, baking soda and vinegar mixtures, bouncing eggs, oil and water bottles, cleaning penny's, magnets, maybe even a trip to Science City at Union Station!

*Yard Twister!  Been wanting to do this one for awhile!

*Lots of art and cooking projects!  Besides the sidewalk chalk paint, but outside collages, nature walks and collages, pudding, cookies, pies want to make my own pie crust, 4th of July treats, fruit kabobs and dip, s'mores squeal!  My faves, homemade milkshakes and ice cream, homemade cheezits, the list is endless!  

*Kansas City Places to Visit:
-The Plaza:  walk around with the kids, story time at a local book store!
-Farmers Market:  pick up local produce, live music and events!  Love it!  Want to check out City Market too!
-Crown Center:  my kids love it down there, hopefully visit Kaleidoscope or Science City!
-Theater in the Park:  At a local park, that shows plays outside! Peter Pan is playing in July!  
-Movies!  Molly has only been to the movie theater once and Will never has, but all three kids want to see Monsters University and Despicable Me 2!  Let's be honest, I'm excited about both too!
-$1 movies at Theater in the Park!  Mary Poppins is playing at the park and it's only $1 per person!  Yay!  
-Strawberry and blue berry picking!  
-A visit to KU and the museums there! 
-Fairy Garden and Overland Park Arboretum's
-Picnic lunch and playing at Antioch Park, one of our favorites!
-Royals and T-Bones games!
-Mini-golf, heard of a fun place in Parkville, MO!
-Camp out....this is for sure on the top of my husbands list, not quite the top of mine
-Have a lemonade stand!
-Fireworks!  Bummed I missed out on Memorial Day!
-Go to a drive-in movie, might have to settle for the outside movies at Theater in the Park or Crown Center
-Starlight-Molly really wants to see Little Mermaid!  Jack said he could go too!
-Dress up tea party
-Bowling
-Sonic Happy Hour
-Build a fort inside
-BBQ with friends!  
-Pajama party, movies, popcorn, and stay home all day!  

I'm sure there are a few things missing, but sounds like we're going to have a great summer!  I plan on Mondays being are day at home, between the swimming lessons and gymnastics!  Tuesdays through Friday, do one thing, either going somewhere in Kansas City, or going to a park and then doing something at home!  We'll see! Everyday we will read, write, and do something educational...just don't tell my kids!!  Whew!  I better rest up for summer!  What are your summer plans?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love your comments!