Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I Need Decorating Help!

I've said this in the past, we have a lot of wall space in our house and not enough decoration to fill!  I am so clueless about decorating and I just get overwhelmed, this is one area Pinterest is NOT helpful!  I love everything and can't narrow down or decide how I want to decorate rooms in my own house!  So, I need your help!  We're going to start with our family room.  This is the room we spend a majority of our time in as a family, next to the kitchen!  Any suggestions, stores to purchase awesome items, or just any ideas would be so appreciated!

**Paint colors will not change.  Eric is not up for painting and likes all of our paint colors, I can tolerate them.  I don't love all the colors but they are better then some I've seen.

Please excuse sick child on the couch!

And all items seen can be moved or rearranged...especially sick child on couch

The wall to the left now has a large clock, but I still think I need more...and I really want a chair for right there too!  Thoughts?!

Another angle...thoughts?!
Now for the basement...we use it a lot, but mainly the kids go down there to make a huge mess.  This is where the majority of toys belong!  I really don't like being down there because all I stare at are the blank walls.  And they stare back at me.  They look sad.
The first wall you see when you walk downstairs to the basement.  And the one window we have. 

The back wall of the basement

Description:  Blank walls.

See above description.

Please excuse the mess and only focus on the blank walls.  
 Any suggestions, stores to purchase awesome items, or just any ideas would be so appreciated!  Thanks in advance!!

4 comments:

  1. Have you looked at houzz.com for ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the basement is primarily kid space, how about an art gallery of kid art? Pinterest has some cool ideas on how to display and change out kid art. Best of all, it's cheap and can be changed often!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm extremely impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your blog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a nice blog like this one these days.

    Visit my website: visit the following web page

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Liz, I agree with both comments. I love houzz and design blogs for ideas. Also love the kids' art gallery wall or photo gallery wall for the basement. Do ya'll have a Home Goods there?

    We're two years here now and I still have some blank walls :) Hope ya'll are doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love your comments!