Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Margaritas, Girlfriends, and Texas!

Mama needed a break.  From the cold, freezing, snow in April Kansas.  I needed to pee alone, not asked a thousands whys and questions a day.  I needed long, meaningful talks with great friends.  To sleep in, dress cute, and eat a meal that I didn't prepare and enjoy!  Last weekend I went on a girls trip to San Antonio, one of my favorite cities, and  it was one of the best weekends ever!

I left bright and early Friday morning, my first stop, Houston, Texas!  I had a 2 hour layover there and it was so nice being back "home" for a bit!  Saw and heard everything Texas, cowboy boots and hats, "Y'alls," and even "A fixin!"  From the airplane from Houston to San Antonio, I had an excellent view of the Houston Zoo, Ikea, Eric's old office building, and Katy, TX!  Yay!


I landed in San Antonio, and anxiously awaited for Jill's flight!  Can I just add, I loved just people watching and hanging out in the airport.  I couldn't do it daily, but love,love, love people watching and San Antonio did not disappoint!  Anyway, Jill's flight arrived, Kami and Marie picked us up, and we headed off to our hotel on the River Walk!!  After watching Friends, reading some magazines, and talking, we headed off to our hotels Happy Hour!  Free drinks and food?!  Yes, please!  Kami was in Heaven!  We drank, talked, took pictures, and headed off for some delicious, yummy Mexican food!  And yummy it was!  The margarita was better!!  After we licked our plates clean, we headed over to Howl at the Moon piano bar!  How can you go wrong with pianos, Jay-z and Eminem songs, mixed in with some country music and fun friends, it was so much fun!  Until someone, I won't say her name, needed tums.  So, we headed back to the hotel and slept like we did before we had kids!



The next morning, we were up for breakfast, dressed and went shopping!  We went to DSW, Bealls a store I had never heard of but Kami loved, cute stuff, TJ Maxx, Wal-Mart, Michaels, and lunch!  Whew!  I promise we had fun, Eric and a few other husbands were surprised by our store choices, but we had so much fun, promise!  We even but temporary highlights in our hair before Happy Hour!  Wild girls!  After another Happy Hour, we set off for The Alamo!  1.  We had a few free drinks 2.  Some type of ceremony was going on there 3.  Hard to get a decent picture of 4 girls and The Alamo!


After our picture session, we tried on hats, found souvenirs for our families Eric wasn't overalls impressed by his boot koozie, so rude!  And headed off to find more Mexican food.  No worries, found it and dinner was amazing, so were the drinks, and dessert Diet 2013 started Monday! 


Jill needed to be at the airport early Sunday morning, so we were all up by 6:20 ish!  Fun!  We took Jill to the airport, took one last picture, and said a sad goodbye to her!  The three of us ate a great breakfast and had the best conversation!  Good thing I had a few hours before my flight, the three of us talked and talked, a very common theme of the weekend!  After getting ready, packed, we headed off to the airport again!  I only cried a little, I just love my friends! The four of us got along s great, it's as though no time has passed since we last all saw each other!

Thank God for amazing friends!  We spoke about how God knew what he was doing when he put not just us, but our playgroup, children, and our lives together!  Like goosebumps and crazy real!  So cool!  Thanks for a great weekend girls! Happy to be home and getting lots of love from my family, but can't wait until Girls Trip 2014!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love your comments!