How was your Christmas? Did you survive? We had a great time that I'll recap later but man, we had a lot going on! Lots of family, friends, Jesus, presents, and celebration! And we continued the tradition of our family getting sick over the holidays too, all of us this year! So not cool.
Since we've all been sick, I've been able to catch up on our DVR while folding laundry, disinfecting everything, and "resting"
I've listed items in no particular order, I promise!
1. Leggings: So cute, versatile, and they go with everything! I love pairing my leggings with a cute flat or boot with an adorable top! Love! Please fashion kings, let leggings stay forever!
2. Pilate's and Working Out: Since moving away from our beloved Katy YMCA, I've had to adjust my workout. Apparently the Y in Katy is one of a kind because there is nothing like that here in Kansas. Price-wise, class-wise, childcare-wise, children's classes-wise, etc. How I miss my some Katy Y! I did find a Pilate's class that I really enjoy, I started doing Jillian Michael's 30 day shred (maybe I should actually do it though?), and I have a Groupon for a Pilate's place close to my house. I will get back into the swing of things as soon as we're all healthy, I promise!
3. My Household Binder: Love, love, love it and don't know how I would organize everything without it! I hate filing and when we were moving, I couldn't carry with me a filing cabinet, but my household binder was there with us through every step! I have added a new binder for bills and our budget, too many papers and clutter in my original household binder!
4. Kids Teachers and Schools: Have loved all of our kids teachers, we have been truly blessed with educators dedicated to teaching, knowing our children, and pushing our children to the highest potential of learning! Our new school is great and our kids have made the transition from "new kids" with ease!
5. Crest Pro-Health Toothpaste: I have sensitive teeth and Crest Pro-Health toothpaste has saved me and my teeth! I can enjoyably brush my teeth without any pain or discomfort! Sensodyme is great too but costs a lot more, Crest Pro-Health does the same thing as Sensodyme, which makes me happy!
6. Wine: I love wine! It makes me happy, taste delicious, and such an adventure trying new ones. I look forward to one
7. Breaking Bad: Eric and I are usually a few years behind the coolest things. I-phone, Eric just got one and I still don't, we joined Facebook a few years after it was cool, got our Wii last year, what is my point? Yes, Breaking Bad. Eric's brother Todd told us to watch Breaking Bad and so we did and fell in love with the series! Holy wowzers! Such an intense, deep show that Eric and I both enjoy! I truly didn't think I would enjoy the show, but I love it!
8. Pinterest: Can I be more obsessed? Wreaths, dinners, decorating, birthday parties, holiday ideas, I think you get the idea! LOVE IT!
9. Hot Glue Gun: Sort of goes along with number 8!
10. Blue Valley Rec and Johnson County Parks and Rec: Both organizations have so many wonderful sports, activities, and events in our community and all for a reasonable price or free! Gymnastics for Molly, basketball for Jack, soccer for Will (should be adorable), and Touch-a-truck, plus future swim lessons and baseball!
11. HEB: I can put HEB on here one last time and if I were ranking things, this would be for sure number 1! How I love and miss the HEB!
Dear Grocery Stores that are not HEB, please go the HEB and do exactly what they are doing and change everything in your grocery store just like HEB.
12. Chapstick: An essential, everyday in my life. I have chapstick in my purse, kitchen, car, and in my makeup bag.
13. Old Episodes of Friends: Friends makes me so happy and I love every episode!
15. Eric: I love this guy so much! He is truly my rock, best friend, and strength.
16. My Kids: These three are the best kids, and they are also my rocks. My life is complete with them and I'm honored to be their mom!
17. University of Kansas: We love our Jayhawks, love being close to the KU, and seeing so many other Jayhawks around! Is was so cute when we first moved here, the kids were so excited to see so many Jayhawks!
18. Our Church: We had an amazing church home in Katy, I couldn't imagine a better place! Now that we have a new home, we are still in search of a new church home. We are praying to find one that our whole family loves!
19. Coffee: The only reason I wake up in the morning, and I'm so serious! I can get through potty breaks, breakfast, getting everyone ready and out the door because I know I will soon be drinking coffee. I love me a few cups of coffee, and on a nice day, I may even get to read the paper and enjoy my coffee. Crazy! As a special treat, I go to Starbucks and either get a Skinny Vanilla Latte or Caramel Brittle Latte!
20. A good deal: This is very vague, but I love me a good deal on a great find. I got a great pair of black boots for $10, my floor pouf for $30 marked down from $70, I've found adorable shirts at Kohl's for less then $5, saving money on groceries, coupons, anything where I can save money makes me happy!
Thanks for the inspiration Oprah! What would you put on your list?
Happy New Year's Eve!