Monday, November 19, 2012

So Thankful...


Welcome to one of my favorite weeks of the year!

Only two days of school and a FIVE day weekend!

Thanksgiving on Thursday!  What's not to love?  Turkey, potatoes, cranberries, green bean casserole, and pie!

Reruns of Friends Thanksgiving episodes, only the funniest show ever!

Lots of shopping deals, bargains, and crazy to people to watch on Friday (or Thursday night, whatever floats your boat)!

Christmas decorating!

Lots of time with family!

And can I add that the weather her is BEAUTIFUL!  60 degrees at the end of November, yes please!

I tried my hand at a Thanksgiving mantel this year, and I've seen some beautiful mantels on Pinterest or other blogs, and mine is not Pinterest worthy, but a start!



I found the banner at Target but I think I'll go the burlap route next year..we'll see!




The kids and I made a Thankful Tree and I love it!  We collected sticks from the bike trail by our house, put them in a vase, tied a beautiful satin green bow around the vase and attached "leaves."  The leaves are ones I cut out and the kids told me what they were thankful for and put on the leaves.

Molly is thankful for...

...Birthday parties, her preschools (old and new), making her bed, Princesses, and her alarm clock that lights up!

Will is thankful for...

...fire trucks, sharing a room "with my brother," and Miss Lisa and Gavin from speech!

Jack is thankful for...

...his new school and teacher, all of his friends, and our new house!

We are all thankful for...

....our friends and family, here in Kansas, in Texas and all over the world!

....Ethan, our neighbor across the street (we like the rest of his family too)!

....and celebrating the holidays closer to family now!

What are you thankful for?!

2 comments:

  1. I love the 'Thankful Tree!' Great concept!!

    I'm visiting you from Mom's Monday Mingle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the thankful tree Liz! The kids' responses are so precious! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love your comments!