Monday, September 10, 2012

Monday, Monday...

Can't trust that day...because it's not been a good day!  Seriously!  Where did it come from?  My weekend's all nice, relaxing and I feel prepared for this week and BAM!  From no where!  

First, I'm running around like a headless person preparing breakfast for everyone this morning. It's as though I've never made breakfast for four individuals ever!  Not sure what was going on with my brain, should have known!

Then, we get Jack to school without a hitch and get home, but once again, I'm so scattered with unloading the dishes from the dishwasher and helping Will and Molly with a puzzle that I realized the time was 9:15 and I had a 9:30 doctor's appointment. Only, Molly and I were still in our pajamas (don't judge, I don't get out of the car or talk to a single person during drop-off, otherwise, I would at least brush my teeth and change out of my polka-dot pajamas).  So, that was like hornets out of the nest, the three of us were running around, getting dressed, doing hair, and of course, Will had to go potty!  Good job Buddy, but really?!

We get to the doctor about 2 1/2 minutes late and of course, I had to fill out a ton of paperwork, lost my insurance card throughout this move, and the kids were bouncing off the walls!  Finally checked-in, kids settled down, and we were highly entertained by the guy snoring in the waiting room, man he was really tired!  

Get called back, get weighed (yuck!) and talk to the nurse, who was super sweet!  The kids must loved her because they stared at her like she was an angel!  Then, my doctor came in (who I went to as a kid and he looks exactly the same) and we start talking about my thyroid, which I haven't discussed on here by I have hypothyroidism.  Pretty much means I have a hard time losing weight, tired easily, and my nails don't grow.  Nice.  There is medicine but finding the right dosage is so tricky and of course, of course, my doctor in Texas was just treeking it but not enough for me to feel or notice a difference.  So, while at my appointment today, I blank out on the medicine I was on and all my symptoms.  I was so intelligent sounding when he had to run through the list of symptoms and me go "oh that too, I have that problem too."  I wonder what he said about me to the nurse?

Finally, we get out of there, head to Target to pick up my new thyroid meds and all the necessities that Target provides!  Molly threw the biggest fit because we are almost out of Dora band-aids and she does NOT like the Strawberry Shortcake ones at all!

We get home, minus the band-aids and our ears hurting from her screams all the way home, make lunch and enjoy some quiet time!  Then, the three of us go upstairs and Will says he has to poop!  Go Buddy, go!  He has only pooped once in this 2 week potty training event, so I was so excited he was telling me BEFORE going and not after!  But, he sits forever and then Molly has to go too, actually coaching him step-by-step on how to go #2.  

We're almost late for preschool drop-off due to the above, but they both went in the potty!

During nap time, Will sleeps like a rock star and I fold laundry after I workout (say what?!), but then  half the laundry isn't dry from the last load I washed.  Dumb dryer hook-up people that came out after we moved, they so didn't do a good job hooking up the appliances.  

Make some homemade granola bars with way more butter then I would have liked. 

Picked the kids up from school.  Did homework with Jack while Will and Molly colored.  

Then.  Dinner.  

I make homemade taco pizza.  The crust was "super easy" from Pinterest.  It was easy to make, not easy to spread on my GREASED pan, and impossible to get off the pan to serve to my family.  Not cool, so not cool.  Had the same issue last week when I made a cookie cake, it was like I poured glue on the pan instead of cooking spray.  

After dinner, the kids are so wild and running around the house like crazy animals, Eric offers to put to put their pajamas on while I clean up.  I realize, I need to defrost a chicken for tomorrow nights dinner and put the frozen chicken in a pot of water to cook and get a little chicken stock.  I did forget to turn down the water temp on the stove top.  

Help Molly get ready for bed, make her bed because I changed the sheets, and then go to say goodnight to my boys.  Molly comes running in telling me the house is on fire...just my chicken stock going crazy turned up to full heat!  No worries!  Chicken and stock are everywhere!  Fail!

Summary:

I'm drinking wine, feeling sorry for myself and rotten, crazy day, and realizing I have to do it all again tomorrow...but the kids have early release (WHY so often?!!).  Thanks for listening to me...been feeling so uninspired these days.  Now, off to clean my kitchen and finish my wine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love your comments!