2. Bugs~I know fire ants could be in this category, but no, they needed their own number. The bugs here are huge and everywhere, all year long. I've found so many cockroaches, slugs, mosquitoes, bees, hornets, moths
3. The traffic and drivers~ For real, these people need a few lessons in driving. Here you go:
a) When an emergency vehicle approaches, move on over to the right lane, do not run that light to beat the fire truck. Or, don't just stop in the left lane.
b) Rain is ok, driving over 35 on a rainy day won't make you slip and slide all over the road, unless it's freezing and we all know it doesn't really "freeze" here.
c) Do we really have to drive this fast? Isn't the speed limit there for a reason? Driving 75 on the highway or street and then being passed makes you really feel like you're driving 20. Not cool!
4. Speaking of traffic....those annoying, lazy people at the grocery stores, Target, Sam's, any shopping facility or place with lots of parking parking space stalkers~You know, that person who sits and waits while you unload all your groceries, children, return the cart, buckle everyone up all the while they block traffic to be 2 spots closer to the door. So. ANNOYING! Especially if you are stuck behind one of the lazies waiting for the spot, I have 3 kids people, if the 4 of us can walk from the back of the parking lot, so can yourself! For some reason, it seems a lot worse here in Texas but I'll let you know if Kansas City has gotten lazy too!
5. Our library~ That place is horrible and in my head, I write a horrible, mean letter to the person in charge or a mean blog post, after every visit. They have way too many rules, their online account system is horrible (why yes, my name is Liz and yes that is my account, why would that book be for another Liz? I have the same name, address, phone, email and they won't let me check out that book!), they are not friendly at ALL, their children's department has the meanest librarians who do not help and give parents nasty looks if their child is breathing too loud. I could go on, but I won't! Just avoid at all costs the Cinco Ranch Library, located next to La Centerra. (Not one to give out personal info but that's as close as you'll get).
6. Our neighbors~I truly hope we get better ones this time around. Between the police getting called all the time on a few, to the neighbors who never pick up their 1000 newspapers or mow their lawn (and have 5 Direct TV satellites on their roof), to Joe, our too loud everything neighbor who tells everyone his life story (it's a good one) who runs a hot dog stand at the outlet malls and built said stand in his driveway...good-bye! To his wife Ms. Vera Cruz (that's where she is from), go get your beat up van fixed, get rid of your Mexico plates, you've only been here 3 years, go get an American Citizenship or just take care of your vacation visa (don't get me started on this), fix up the yard, maybe wrangle up some of the 8 kids between you and Joe (gag), and please stop looking like a cheap hooker every time your utilities get turned off and you need to slut it up to get them turned back on!! Wow. Held that in for a good 3 years. I also won't miss the college girls across the street from us who don't go to college, party all the time, fight with their boyfriends (one of the houses that the police visit often) and parents don't really do anything about it, bye! And to our neighbor two houses down and the other one down the street....slow down! It's a neighborhood, not the highway! You are one of the reason I HATE Texas drivers! And please look when you're backing up!
7. Our House~ As much as I love our house here, it's brought so many wonderful times and memories, it is now turning into a money pit that I want to get rid of! New carpet, paint, and now maybe a new air conditioner? No thanks! Plus, no one wants to buy it because we back up to a semi-main street but have a brick wall. Apparently people would rather look at Joe and Ms. Vera Cruz's barb-wire fence, 3 dogs, no grass backyard, then our pretty trees and brick fence. Please, please, please, someone come and buy our pretty house! You will see Joe and Ms. Vera Cruz but not they're backyard, our party girl neighbors hopefully will move away soon, and someday those speedy drivers that fly down the street will have to crash their cars, right?! I also promise the noise from the street has not bothered me at all until everyone has put that is the one thing they don't like about our house: "Concerned about backing up to that street." So. FRUSTRATING!
Now, no worries, there is a huge, long, wonderful post on the things we LOVE about Texas, a much longer list then this one!