Thursday, February 10, 2011

I have a friend

My kids love reading the book "I have a friend" written over 30 years ago and features the Sesame Street gang before Elmo.  They love it!  It shows all the Sesame Street characters having fun with their friends, from having picnics, sharing sodas at Mr. Hooper's Store, and wishing each other rotten days (can you guess which character is that?!).  At then end, the book asks if you have good friends and my kids always say YES!  And then list everyone of their friends!  So sweet and cute!
The past few weeks have been a little up and down for the Brewers.  We have gone through something that has been life changing, eye opening, and emotional.  Through it all, I have been reminded how many wonderful friends we have been blessed to know and I would like to share with you a little about who they are!
My sweet husband....I love this guy!  He has been my rock, strength, and shoulder to cry on!  We have grown closer together and I am lucky to say I married my best friend!
Play group friends....they not only helped with our children, but also brought delicious meals, gave unconditional love and support and keep asking what they can do to help!  You've done enough and I don't know how I'll ever repay you!!!
Small group and church friends....Ditto!  You guys have listened to our prayers, prayed for us, sent meals and flowers, and cried right along with me!  Wow!  We are blessed!
Kansas love...We have so much love from our friends in Kansas!  Thank you for being here for us from so far away!
Is this turning almost into an acceptance speech, life for some type of reward?  I'll stop when the orchestra begins to play!
God...He truly has a plan for all of us and He is AMAZING!  If you don't know how wonderful God is, I'm so excited to talk to you about Him!  In times of sadness, He has helped me see joy!
Thanks for letting me gush and brag about all of my friends!
Side note:  I haven't actually written on here what "this" is all about, but I would be happy to talk personally about it...just don't want to get into the details!

2 comments:

  1. AND we are all just as lucky to have the Brewer's in our life!! You all are pretty special and blessing to all that know you too!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love your comments!