Friday, September 24, 2010

Have you been screwing?

So, we've been a little busy over here...preschool started, I'm a fall programmer for a mom's group I attend, and keeping a family of 5 happy, healthy, clean, and fed, are all in a days work!  I have a ton of blogs to write, just not much time!  I'll start small and add more later...promise, I will!

Last Sunday, the 19th, I was cleaning the house and Eric was entertaining the kids up in our playroom.  I'm in the zone, scrubbing, disinfecting, vacuuming, dusting, you get the picture, for our small group arriving at our house at 5:30 that afternoon.  Around 4, I hear Eric say, "Let's rearrange!"  Next thing I hear, moving of shelves, children laughing, and "Move Molly, before the shelf falls on you!"  Then, Eric comes downstairs, goes into our bedroom, and comes out with our TV, walking back upstairs.  Now, we've been discussing moving our TV out of our bedroom for awhile.  We stay up too late watching TMZ or Fox News, it's the first thing on in the morning, and we feel as though we watch it too much.  So, I'm not surprised the TV left, but more surprised about my husbands motivation at 4 o'clock on a Sunday afternoon.  I love the guy like no other, but I have pictures needing to be hung on a few walls I have asked him to hang up for the past 2 years.  I never once asked him to rearrange the playroom, but I'll take it!

So, our new play room is all pretty, we had a great small group Sunday night, life couldn't be better!  In place of our TV, which was on our dresser, is where our mirror is supposed to be attached.  The mirror was still in a box from our move here over 2 years ago.  Mr. Fix-it decides we need to hang it up immediately following small group Sunday night, we first need to find some piece to put it all together.  We're searching everywhere, he KNOWS they are either in our closet or under our bed but can't find them anywhere.  Darn, guess he HAS to go to Home Depot on Monday after work.  All this time, while he is searching, I'm putting our 3 kids down for bed, so I'm not participating.  When I "search" for the missing parts, found them in like 2 seconds under our bed, just move the wrapping paper, duh.

Monday night, hang up the mirror and our room looks so grown up!  Love it!  Tuesday morning, Jack comes into our room after breakfast and asks, "Have you guys been screwing in here?  Why is the screwdriver (he meant drill) out?  Why were you screwing?  I want to screw."  Eric and I about died with laughter!   I love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love your comments!