Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Jack's 3rd Birthday!!!

So, our little Jack Jack is 3! His birthday was Sunday, March 29th....where has the time gone?! He's such a boy now! I'm so proud of him, he has really grown up this past year. I used to worry about all the physical milestones, such as rolling over, sitting, crawling, walking....I freaked out that he didn't walk at a year! Silly me! He took off at 13 months and hasn't slowed down since! Trust me, I'm not worried at all about Molly, she's all ready a mover and a shaker, without the walking! Jack now "reads" us his favorite books, and gets the wording pretty darn close. He jumps, sings, dances, builds all sorts of creations with his blocks, I could go on forever! I'm just so proud of our 3 year old!

For his birthday, we were in San Antonio (more details in the next entry!), so we had his birthday party the next day, March 30th. We had it at his FAVORITE place, Pump it Up with all his friends from play group! Now, we were cautious in calling it a birthday party because Jack tends to freak out at parties. He's been to about 6 birthday parties since September and at everyone he has sort of a melt down. At one, he was the last to get cake, at another party he didn't want his picture taken, I could go on! Even at his 1st birthday party he lost it! Poor buddy just gets worn out from all the fun! On Monday though, he did great! No melt downs at the party (just one at home before we left!) or lunch! The kids played at Pump it Up for an hour and a half and then we headed over to his FAVORITE pizza place, Double Dave's! We had the pizza buffet, cookie cake, and presents with all of his friends, what more could a 3 year old want?! Truly nothing! He loved all of his presents and his cake, and I know his friends did too! His little friend Aiden requested a piece with frosting and then came up for seconds! It was a great day!

On Tuesday, the 31st, Jack had his 3 year appointment, always fun! He weighs 30 pounds!!!!! Go Jack! He's in the 30th percentile for weight....my Jack....whose highest percentile was 22nd percentile at his 2 week appointment. He usually fell below the 10th percentile for most of his life! At one point he dropped off the chart, poor buddy! Now, he's gained weight, so there is hope for Molly! She's 17 pounds right now! The girl can eat, I promise, usually more than Jack! Anyway, Jack is 37 inches tall and in the 42nd percentile for height! He's so big! Also at the doctor, he had his blood pressure checked, they called it an arm hug! He was so proud because I had mine checked at my first doctor's appointment and we remembered, so he was just like mommy! The best part of the whole visit, no shots and a sticker!! We'll be back for Molly's 15 month well visit in May and we're crossing our fingers and toes that she is 20 pounds!!

1 comment:

  1. I would like to see pictures from Jack's birthday party.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our blog! We love your comments!